Monday, September 8, 2008

Divine Romance

Friday morning I wrote these words in my quiet time: "I live for this world, and I don't know why I can just lift my face and focus on You and what's eternal! Lord, I know that desire can only come from You. I've tried in my own strength, but I fail every time. Teach me how to love You and how to love Your people. I pray against apathy and laziness. REVIVE my heart and my spirit, Father! Wake me up from my slumber! Fix my eyes upon You!"

That night I drove into Dallas to spend the evening with Abby, and through her obedience to the Lord, He used her to speak brokenness and encouragement into my heart. I've allowed satan to have so many strongholds in my life, and for some reason I was unwilling to let them go. That morning when I prayed for revival of my heart, I had no idea that the Lord had already gone out before me and laid the path to break satan's hold in my life. I laid my complacency, pride, bitterness, fear, guilt, doubt, and disobedience down at His feet late Friday night, and this was the word He gave me:

"But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said: 'Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.'" -Ephesians 5:13-14

I mean, how INCREDIBLE is our Heavenly Father that He loves us that much? I will never understand that kind of Grace and Compassion, but that's okay...

"The fullness of Your grace is here with me
The richness of Your beauty’s all I see
The brightness of Your glory has arrived
In Your presence God, I’m completely satisfied

For You I sing I dance
Rejoice in this divine romance
Lift my heart and my hands
To show my love, to show my love"

-Phil Wickham, "Divine Romance"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay blog. God is pretty amazingly awesome.